Guidelines to Observe in Preparing for your Wedding
A minimum of three months notification is required by both state and Church.
Booking the Church:
To reserve the Church for your wedding it is necessary to contact the Parish Secretary by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No Sunday or Holy Days Marriages are celebrated in this Diocese of Ardagh & Clonmacnois.
- All Marriages should take place prior to 2 p.m.
All couples planning to get married must complete a Pre-Marriage Course. Contact ACCORD 057 9341831 or email: www.accord.ie.
The following documents are required:
- Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form. The priest in the parish of your normal residence will fill this up for you. This has to be done within 3 months before the wedding.
- Baptismal Certificate from your Church of Baptism. This certificate must be issued within six months of your marriage. You will also need a Confirmation Certificate.
- Letter of Freedom.
- In the case where either the bride or groom is not Catholic, a dispensation will be required from the Bishop.
- It is suggested that Liturgical Music and Hymns be used for the Marriage Ceremony.
- Please contact The Parish Secretary in relation to your Wedding Booklet for the Marriage Ceremony.
The State requires that:
- You must make an appointment with a Civil Registrar to give notice of your intention to marry.
- This meeting must take place at least three months before the date of your wedding in order to comply with the civil requirements.
- The Registrar’s Office will let you know what you need to bring with you.
- When all the civil requirements have been completed satisfactorily, you will receive a Marriage Registration Form (MRF) from the Registrar. Without this form you cannot get married.
The Registrar for Co. Offaly
Scott Building Campus
Midland Regional Hospital
For any further information you can contact:
057 9151338 Email: email@example.com